The Memphis Area Women's Council is here to take care of what matters to women in Greater Memphis.
We are a non-profit organization, with individual and organization members. We are not service providers and we do not raise funds to support social services.
We connect research with activists who raise a collective voice to make change in local policies and practices that limit success of women and girls.
We celebrate five years of action:
- To end corporal punishment in city schools.
- To secure a Living Wage for Memphis and Shelby County employees.
- To lead a new awareness campaign to connect victims and volunteers to domestic resources via www.erasedomesticcrime.com.
- To document needs in the Orders of Protection hearing room via our court watch.
- To foster a local Unified Family Court that wraps services and justice around troubled families.
- To champion a Family Safety Center that rescues those damaged by domestic crime.
- To increase services, shelter and to advocate for victims of domestic crime.
- To equip girls to use data and lead policy change that enforces sexual harassment law and makes schools safer. (read more)